Legal Cover-My-Tail Text: Second Life®, SL™, Linden™, LindeX™, WindLight® and Linden Lab® and the Second Life Eye-in-Hand Logo® are trademarks of Lindon Lab. All other logos and all other brand, product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I've been using the Emerald viewer for some time, and liked it; except for the fact that it didn't load textures correctly in my private OpenSim. But developments (and rumors) in the past couple of weeks started me questioning whether I should find a different viewer to use.

This last controversy involving what appears to be a vindictive denial-of-service attack hidden in Emerald's sign-on page decided me, once it had been verified to my satisfaction. I've uninstalled Emerald from my system, and am now experimenting with the Imprudence viewer, which does seem to load textures properly in OpenSim.

No comments: